This classic, daytime look is probably one of my favorite ways to wear my makeup. As much as I love testing out new trends — and we all know I can’t keep my hair color the same for more than a couple weeks — I’ll always be a classic girl at heart. Two things that serve a girl well in life are classic makeup and a classy attitude!
Vest: Aeropostale (old) [similar here] // Plaid Shirt: Francesca’s [similar here] // Lipstick: Revlon in “Seduction” // Blush: Too Faced in “Baby Love” // Makeup: Anastasia Beverly Hills // Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills + Anastasia Beverly Hills in “Dark Brown” // Mascara: Too Faced // Liner: Tarte // Sunscreen: Mario Badescu
Classic curls compliment classic makeup:
You can see my tutorial and learn how I get long, loose curls here. I try to always take good care of my hair since I use so many heat products on it, and my recent favorite discovery is this Shea Moisture with Manuka Honey from Target. I’ve been hearing about the benefits of manuka honey for hair and skin a lot lately, so I’m happy I found something that smells so good — and even happier it’s so inexpensive!
Classic makeup begins with good skin:
You can read all about my skincare routine here, but my three best tips for good skin are:
1. Always wash all of your makeup off at night
2. Always wear sunscreen
3. Stick with a few select products that work well on your skin and try not to experiment too often with lots of new creams, lotions and cleansers.
A classy attitude is key:
Going back to the classy comment, I think that taking care of your hair and skin is just one part of the equation. When you look your best, you’re more likely to have a positive attitude and less likely to feel self-conscious. Here are my three best tips for developing confidence and class:
1. Treat others respectfully. Now…that doesn’t mean you should instantly respect everyone you meet! People should earn your respect, so don’t give it away to someone who isn’t deserving. I simply mean that you should treat others kindly, be polite, and do your best not to be judgmental.
2. Respect yourself. Learn to stand up for yourself and set boundaries. Always follow your gut instinct and don’t do things that make you uncomfortable. Being classy doesn’t mean being a pushover!
3. Get an education. You can learn something new every day! Even if you don’t have access to the fanciest schools or technology, you can still go out and learn from the people around you, from books, and by experiencing new things. The more knowledge you have, the more you will “get” the world around you and will understand why people do the things they do. This will help you develop a sense of empathy, and that’s one thing this world needs more of!
If you think this post is helpful and would like to see more, please follow on Bloglovin’ or sign up for our weekly newsletter! You may want to check out this classic Audrey Hepburn makeup look, too. I hope you’re having a great week!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a small referral fee from purchases.