It's time for another round of summer hair inspiration! We're highlighting some of our favorite hairstyles discovered on Pinterest, plus we're showing off a few looks we're personally into lately. Whether you're in search of casual braids or easy curls, these are a few of the hottest hairstyles for summer.Check out these 5 hot hairstyles for summer. The casual, laid back vibe is always in! #beachhair Click To Tweet
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a small referral fee from purchases at no cost to you. You can read our affiliate policy here.
1. Any type of braid works well when you're trying to show off highlights, and this one is no exception. We wear our hair like this anytime we're going for a casual, laid back vibe. It's also our go-to hairstyle for the beach.
If your hair is so healthy that you have issues with it slipping out of braided hairstyles, use mousse or a texturizer to help hold pesky flyaways in place. Frederic Fekkai Full Blown Volume Styling Whip and Herbivore Sea Mist are two products we frequently use to solve the problem.
Here's a link to one of our most popular fishtail looks we've shared here on the blog.
2. This dutch braid with with a low messy bun looks adorable on Lauren Conrad. To recreate the look, loosely braid an approximately 3-inch wide section of hair on each side, beginning at your bangs. End at the nape of your neck and secure the braids, then tie the remaining hair into a messy bun.
You know we're huge fans of messy buns around here, so we've got you covered with all the inspo you could ever possibly want. Here are just a few of the ideas we've shared:
♡ The Best Low Messy Buns on Pinterest
♡ Inspiration for the Perfect Messy Bun
♡ A New Dose of Messy Buns Hair Inspiration
♡ Dance Hair: Messy Bun & Braid Tutorial
♡ Video Tutorial: How to Create a Messy Bun
High Side Braid
3. A high side braid is gorgeous and works well with medium to long hair. To recreate the look, begin by parting your hair in an extreme side part. Let the top portion of hair hang loosely, and begin the braid just above eyebrow level. Secure the end of the braid, then tug some of the sections to loosen.
Long, Loose Curls
4. Long, loose curls look so pretty in the summertime, because they're very feminine and flirty! I created this look using my curling iron, then pinned the curls with clips and let them set for 15 – 20 minutes. These are my favorite hot roller curler clips ever made, because they don't leave any kinks in my hair!
Here's my detailed tutorial for getting long, loose curls and you can also check out my hair videos on YouTube. (Look for my haircare + styling routine, because I know I curled my hair in that one.)
While I'm waiting for my curls to set, I always use that time to do my makeup. My two favorite summertime looks are my “Lazy Day” makeup routine and my “No Makeup” makeup routine.
Ponytail with Loose Tendrils
5. Finally, sometimes it's so hot outside that you just want to toss your hair up into a ponytail and go. That's when a hat comes in handy! Pull your hair into a pony, tug some loose tendrils out on the side, plop a cap on your head, and be out the door in under 5 minutes! Easy peasy.
Fellow moms can probably all agree that hair doesn't get much easier than this. A hat is also a great solution when you haven't had a chance to wash your hair, plus it doubles as an added layer of protection from the harsh summer sun.
Recommended Products for Summer Hair
- Herbivore Botanics Sea Mist
- Olivine Atelier Once A Mermaid
- Mermaid Hair Shampoo & Conditioner
Hopefully these ideas will help you out if you're looking for summer hair inspiration. As always, we hope you have a great hair day! Check our our other hair posts if you're still in need of inspiration. Enjoy your weekend!