The Food and Nutrition Board of the National Research Council recommends that you eat from several different types of food each day. An adequate diet ensures that you get specific nutrients required to keep you healthy. Overnutrition, however, results in dieting to meet and maintain your ideal weight. Normal body weight can be achieved and maintained by following 7 of the best diet tips for women that balance calorie in-take with expenditure of energy.
Whole foods are potent in nutrients. They fill your cravings and will give you energy that lasts longer. Raw food contains more vitamins than cooked food. You can add lite dipping sauces for flavor. Place sauces and dressings on the side so you control the number of calories you consume. Carrots, almonds, celery, apples, oranges, are low calorie snacks that pack a nutritional punch, satisfies your cravings for sweets, and nourishes your body from the inside out.
Meal planning takes forethought and preparation. While there are healthy choices at most restaurants, unpackaged, home cooked meals are best. You’re in control of how your food is prepared. You control if it’s cooked in fat or cooked with water, how much sodium is added, and if sugar is added.
Choose positive portions that you can eat comfortably. Control your portions by serving your food on a single serve dish or bowl. You may choose to eat a light dinner and leave a few bites unfinished. You’ll save on calories and can finish your leftovers at lunch the next day in a single serve box.
Eat what you really need versus what your body thinks it needs. Processed food makes you crave it more and is less filling, meaning you’ll eat more unnecessary calories to feel satisfied. Eat 45 minutes to 1 hour upon waking to jumpstart your metabolism.
Diet tips include what you drink. A helpful tip is never drink your calories. Bottled drinks contain a lot of sugar, preservatives, and are high in calories. Water is the best drink for energetic nutrition. You may find it beneficial to drink water before your meal. This may give you a feeling of fullness, preventing overeating.
- Start a regular exercise routine with stretching and warm-up exercises you like.
- Play your favorite music that inspires you to move. Cardio is excellent exercise for women.
- Exercising in spurts of intensity forces your body to peak, drop back to a regular pace and peak again. This prevents your body from adapting and it will burn more fat.
- Strength training twice a week helps you burn fat longer.
- You may have the most success working out in the morning. The stresses of the day can wear you out, making you feel you’d rather exercise tomorrow.
Rest must be a balanced part of your diet plan. Sleep is your recovery time. During sleep your body balances your hormones, builds and repairs muscle, filters, and regulates how you burn fat. Don’t eat sugar or fat within 2 hours before going to bed.
Overnutrition behavior may be due to the way you think. Keeping a journal may help you identify triggers that cause you to want to eat. These triggers may be pastime habits, people we’re with, even depression. When patterns are recognized, you can develop habits and real outlooks that target weight loss. A truthful evaluation of your eating habits helps you develop new behaviors that improves your diet lifestyle.
Decide what lifestyle changes you need to make. For this purpose, it would be useful to:
- Carry a basket when grocery shopping so you’re careful what you buy.
- Read food labels. A protein bar may have 20 grams of sugar. The less sugar, the better.
- Eat before shopping. You’ll be less inclined to buy fluff, high calorie food.
- Take 20 minutes to eat and stop at a satisfied feeling.
- Learn which food you should eat more of, or less. Stick to good food most of the time.
- Serving your meals on blue plates may “color” you thin. Studies reveal that the dark color tricks your eye into thinking you have more food on your plate.
One of the best diet tips to implement is to set short and long term goals. Short term goals give you fast results and keep you motivated. Whereas, long term goals keep you focused on end results. Ease into your new diet lifestyle so it becomes a way of life. Add healthy food, eat it first, then gradually eliminate unhealthy food.