Today I challenged myself to come up with as many blog post ideas about beauty as I could in 30 minutes, so I could give back to the beauty blogger community! I'm not a huge fan of giving away too much personal info online, so I recommend an 80/20 split between informative posts that help your reader solve a problem and fewer of the “get to know me” posts. With that in mind, here's a huge list of blog post ideas beauty addicts will love!
If you find these beauty blogger post ideas helpful, please share this image on Pinterest.
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a small referral fee from purchases at no cost to you. You can read our affiliate policy here. We donate 25% of our “click money” proceeds to these charitable organizations.
Need Help Setting Up Your Blog?
If you haven't yet started a beauty blog and would like to, you probably know by now there's only one comprehensive blogging course I recommend and it's Elite Blog Academy. It's the class that has produced the highest number of successful bloggers (many are making a 6-figure income! You can read their success stories here: Elite Blog Academy Success Stories), and it's the course I used to launch this site.
It's very difficult to get into the class, though, because the cart is only open for registration one week out of the entire year. If you miss the 2018 registration and want to get on the waitlist for 2019, you can do that here: EBA Waitlist
Now…on to the post ideas!
Blog Post Ideas for Beauty Bloggers
Take a quick peek around Pinterest, and you'll probably notice beauty pins everywhere. Since the site is so visual, it makes sense that girls head there to find the latest makeup techniques, beauty trends, and hair tutorials. But what should you pin? Here's a list of topics you can write about next time you're low on ideas.
Makeup dupes (drugstore makeup products that mimic premium brands) are always popular.
- A Face Full of Drugstore (Makeup | Dupes)
- The (Best | Hottest | Top) Drugstore Dupes
- Top (insert number) Drugstore Mascaras
- Top (insert number) Drugstore Concealers
- Top (insert number) Drugstore Lipsticks
- Top (insert number) Drugstore Foundations
- Top (insert number) Drugstore Eyeshadow Palettes
- When to Splurge vs. When to Save
- Simple Makeup Swaps to Save You Money
- The Ultimate Dupe List for (insert brand name)
How-To's are also a hot topic. Solve a problem your readers commonly experience and they'll love you for it.
- How to Pick the Perfect Foundation
- How to Select Makeup Brushes
- How to Make Eyes Appear Bigger
- How to Properly Groom Brows
- How to Make Lashes Look Longer
- How to Conceal Blemishes
- How to Wash Makeup Brushes
- How to Organize Your Makeup Products
- How to Save Money on Makeup
- How to Wear Bold Lipstick Colors
Makeup junkies love to discuss products. New products, old products, trending products, product reviews…they all get the clicks.
- ULTA Haul | Sephora Haul | Drugstore Haul
- Makeup (or Skincare) Products Worth the Splurge
- Makeup (or Skincare) Products Not Worth the Money
- Product Empties (products you love so much you completely used them up)
- In-Depth Review of (insert product)
- Cult Classic Beauty Products
- (Natural | Cruelty-Free | Vegan) Makeup Products
- The Best (Foundation | Face Mask | Cleanser | Concealer) for Your Skin Type
- The Best Beauty Subscription Boxes | How to Choose a Subscription Box
- Everything You Need to Know About (insert product)
Trending topics are highly shareable and run the chance of going viral. If you're a trend spotter — or even a trendsetter — then I highly recommend writing a post about your favorite current trend.
- The Hottest Looks to Try This (Spring | Summer | Fall | Winter)
- How to Recreate (insert celebrity name)'s Look
- Is (insert product) Worth the Hype?
- How to Recreate the Latest Runway Trends
- Brand Alert: The Latest Trends from (insert brand name)
- Get the Look: (Cat Eye | Smokey Eye | Fake Freckles | Bold Brows)
- Seasonal: The Hottest Halloween Makeup Looks for (insert year)
- Seasonal: The Hottest Makeup Gifts to Give this (Christmas | Valentine's Day)
- The Best Makeup Trends of (insert year)
- Make a Statement with (insert trend name)
Tutorials are the bread and butter of the beauty industry. There's a never-ending supply of newbies seeking instructions about how to do almost anything, from applying eyeshadow to purchasing the perfect set of false lashes.
- The Perfect Romantic Date-Night Look
- (5-Minute | 10-Minute | 20-Minute) Makeup Routine
- How to Get The “No Makeup” Look
- Learn How to Apply Makeup the Right Way
- (insert number) Steps to Get (Dewy Skin | Perfect Brows | Long Lashes)
- Eyeshadow Application Tips for (Hooded Eyes | Monolids)
- How to Make (Green Eyes | Blue Eyes | Brown Eyes) Stand Out
- (Contouring | Highlighting | Bronzing) Tips & Tricks
- The Perfect Makeup for (Work | School | Prom)
- Makeup Tips for Girls with Glasses
Skin care is an issue at any age, so it's a topic that always receives high traffic.
- The Top (insert number) Drugstore Skin Care Products
- How to Get Glowing Skin
- Anti-Aging Skin Care Tips
- The Best Products to Fight Acne
- (Natural | Cruelty-Free | Vegan) Skin Care Products
- How to Change Your Skin Care Routine for (Summer | Winter)
- How to Pick the Right Dermatologist
- The 411 on Sunscreen
- How to Determine Your Skin Type
- Skin Care Tips in Your (Teens | 20s | 30s | 40s | 50s | 60s | 70s | 80s)
Get To Know Me:
As mentioned in the intro, I wouldn't go too crazy sharing personal info online, but it's good to give readers some insight into your world. The following topics allow you to do just that, without revealing too many personal details.
- What's In My Makeup Bag
- My Daily Skin Care Routine
- My Ride Or Die/Holy Grail Makeup Products
- My Ride Or Die/Holy Grail Skin Care Products
- My Everyday Makeup Look
- My (Friend | Boyfriend | Sibling) Does My Makeup
- The Best Beauty Advice I've Ever (Received | Given)
- The Worst Mistakes I Made When Learning to Apply Makeup
- The (Beauty Bloggers | Vloggers | YouTubers) I Admire Most
- My Favorite Beauty (Brands | Products) & Why I Love Them
Not a Beauty Blogger?
Need more ideas? (Or perhaps you're not a beauty blogger?) Download this FREE list of 120 Awesome Blog Post Ideas from Elite Blog Academy, which is available for a limited time. With it — plus the ideas listed above — your editorial calendar will be full in no time!
Make sure you save this on Pinterest so you can check back later! I didn't even delve into any hair topics, so this is one of those posts that may receive continual updates.
Pin It for Later: 175 FREE Blog Post Ideas for Beauty Bloggers