Running late for school or have errands to run, but don't want to look like a walking zombie while doing so? We all have those days! I've developed an easy makeup routine that works well for busy schedules and have included a video tutorial to help you out. Below are my top tips for getting out of the door in a hurry, while still looking and feeling beautiful.
In a rush but still want to look pretty? Implement these top makeup tips to get out the door FAST. Click To Tweet
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a small referral fee from purchases at no cost to you. You can read our affiliate policy here.
Click here to watch the video directly on YouTube
Links to Purchase:
Moisturizer: Clinique | Eye Creme: Algenist | Primer: L'Oreal | Concealer: bareMinerals | Sponge: Real Techniques | Cheek Stain: Benefit | Bronzer: Benefit | Powder: it Cosmetics | Mascara: Benefit | Lip Gloss: Rosebud Perfume Co.
How to Add Faux Freckles
Here's my post (mentioned in the video) showing in detail how I draw on my fake freckles. Here's the YouTube video showing my faux freckle application technique. And these are the products I use to draw freckles on: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pen in Universal Light | NYX Cosmetics Brow Pen in Medium or Deep
Easy Makeup Routine for Days You're in a Rush
- Start with a Good Canvas: By developing a good skin care routine, you'll have healthier skin and fewer imperfections. With less blemishes to cover, you won't have to spend nearly as much time applying makeup products! Being able to walk out of the house confidently with just a touch of eye makeup and a dash of lip gloss is a great feeling. Here are my favorite skincare tips.
TIP: Just because you are in a hurry doesn't mean that you can skip the most important steps of skin care. Always apply sunscreen or your skin will pay the ultimate price!!
- Prep in Advance: Set out your makeup the night before to help speed your entire morning process along. It also helps to store all of your “bare minimum” essentials in one makeup bag. I keep a gym bag handy that includes travel sizes of all my makeup essentials!
- Develop a Routine: Having a morning routine that you can easily follow on days when you're feeling rushed is key. Otherwise, you can get out-of-sorts and it can ruin your entire day. My rush routine is very simple: Wash, apply a moisturizer + sunscreen, spot-cover blemishes, add color via tint & bronzer, then finish off by setting my brows and lashes. I can be out the door in under 10 minutes and still look nice!
- Have a Go-To Look: By having a signature look, it will cut the getting ready process down a lot. My classic makeup routine is my signature look for everyday wear, and the makeup in the video above is what I do when I'm in a real rush (aka: late for class)!
- Find Your Focus: I suggest focusing on your eyes when doing your morning makeup. Eyes are a dead giveaway if you were up all night studying or working and are lacking sleep. Focusing your time on your eyes can help you look more awake and presentable. Visine helps, too!
- Use Multi-Taskers: Use multi-purpose tools that can act as more than one product. A neutral eyeshadow palette can create an easy, wearable eye look, but it can also act as a contouring palette. Utilize multipurpose brushes that do more than one job. Get a lipstick that doubles as a cream blush. Use a cheek tint (as I did in the video) that can double as a lip tint. A makeup kit that gets the entire job done with fewer products is easy to carry when you're on-the-go.
Just tell me when and where, and I'll be there 20 minutes late! #collegelife #makeup Click To Tweet
TIP: Need more inspiration? Check out The 5 Easy Makeup Tricks I Use to Fake Looking Awake on more.com.
I hope these tips help you to develop an easy makeup routine for yourself! What tips make you feel more beautiful when you're on the go?
This is great! I actually have so much makeup I have an entire room in my house dedicated to it. EEEK!