If you've recently started blogging (or if you're wondering how to start a travel blog), one of the best places to begin is in your own hometown! When you share helpful tips about your city, you'll develop true fans who trust your advice and eagerly return for more.
Once you develop that fan base, you can then branch out and begin exploring further from home to share your experiences with the world!
If you find this post helpful, please share these travel blog post ideas on Pinterest to help other bloggers!Need content? Here are 175 post ideas for travel bloggers. #travelbloggers #contentmarketing #bloggerlife Click To Tweet
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a small referral fee from purchases at no additional cost to you. You can read our affiliate policy here.
Blog Post Ideas for Travel Bloggers
One of the biggest challenges I hear from new bloggers is that they have no clue what to write about. With that in mind, I challenged myself to come up with enough post ideas to keep new travel bloggers busy for a good long time!
I've also included a few tips at the end to help you brainstorm additional topics.
⭐Insider Tip: If you're a travel blogger who already lots of popular posts, I have a Tailwind Tribe for pins that have more than 1000 repins. You can request to join here.
You've probably already got the inside scoop on all the hot spots, local hangouts, and hidden gems in your own hometown, which makes it the perfect starting point for a travel blog!
NOTE: I've structured all of the titles around Savannah (where I live), so just insert the city you're writing about in place of Savannah!
- The Top 10 Non-Touristy Things to Do in Savannah, GA
- The Ultimate Weekender's Guide to Savannah, GA
- 19 Things to do in Savannah in 2019
- A First-Timers Guide to Savannah, GA
- The Most Pet-Friendly Spots in Savannah, GA
- 50 Free Things to do in Savannah, GA
- Savannah's Must-See Hidden Gems
- The Best Time of Year to Visit Savannah, GA
- Everything to Include on Your Savannah Bucket List
- The Biggest Tourist Traps in Savannah, GA
People always need to know where to stay when visiting a new city, so be helpful and provide the scoop for them!
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Savannah, GA
- Where NOT to Stay in Savannah, GA
- The Most Famous Hotel in Savannah
- Discover the Hotel Locals Voted #1 in Savannah
- The Most Luxurious Hotels in Savannah, GA
- These are the Most Family-Friendly Accommodations in Savannah
- Planning a Girls Getaway to Savannah? Here's Where to Stay
- The Best Bargain Hotels Under $100 in Savannah, GA
- The Quirkiest Airbnb Locations in Savannah, GA
- The Most Romantic Bed & Breakfasts in Savannah, GA
What's the one thing travelers enjoy most while on vacation? Dining out! They love to try new restaurants (and bars), so food guides get TONS of clicks.
- Foodies Guide: Where the Locals Eat in Savannah
- Planning to Eat Your Way Through Savannah? Here's Where to Start
- Where to Find the Best Food Trucks in Savannah
- The Best Places to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth in Savannah
- Where to Find the Best Comfort Food in Savannah
- Mouth-Watering Foodie Festivals in Savannah, GA
- The Top Spots to Kick Back and Enjoy a Cold Beer in Savannah
- Unique Southern Dishes to Try While Visiting Savannah, GA
- Everything You Need to Know About the Foodie Scene in Savannah
- Distillery Tours: Where to Find the Best Craft Beers in Savannah
The next question tourists usually ask when visiting a new city is “What should I do while I'm there?”, so be sure to include a comprehensive list to guide them around town.
- Must-See Local Hangouts in Savannah, GA
- The Best Places to Buy Souvenirs in Savannah
- The Prettiest Streets for a Self-Guided Walking Tour in Savannah
- A Helpful Checklist of the Most Kid-Friendly Spots in Savannah
- A Comprehensive Guide to the Best Museums in Savannah
- What To Do & See in Each of Savannah's Famous Squares
- Savannah's Most Beautiful & Historic Homes
- The Top Destinations for Honeymooners in Savannah
- Where to Find the Most Unique Shops in Savannah
- Cheat Sheet: The Perfect 3-Day Itinerary in Savannah, GA
“How To” Tips
“How To” guides allow you to dig deep into one specific area of a city to provide helpful insight for newbie travelers. Plus, Google likes “How To” guides because many people structure their Google searches in the form of that question.
- How to Plan the Ultimate Girls Getaway to Savannah
- How to Find the Best Ghost Tours in Savannah, GA
- How to Get the Most Bang For Your Buck in Savannah
- How to Live Like a Local in Savannah
- How to Spend a Long Weekend in Savannah
- How to Stay Safe when Traveling Alone in Savannah
- How to Get Around in Downtown Savannah
- How to Airbnb Like a Pro in Savannah
- How to Pack for a Mid-Summer Trip to Savannah
- How to Keep Kids Entertained in Historic Downtown Savannah
Top 10 Lists:
Top 10 lists are easy to write, so I recommend using them as content during times when you're too busy to write a more in-depth post. You can simply write one or two sentences and include a photo about each point on your list.
- The Top 10 Places to Eat in Savannah, According to Locals
- The 10 Best Instagram Accounts to Follow if You're Planning a Trip to Savannah
- The Top 10 Most-Photographed Spots in Savannah, GA (or “Most-Instagrammable”)
- 10 Reasons to Visit Savannah in the Spring
- The Top 10 Things to Avoid in Savannah, GA
- The 10 Best Places to Experience True Southern Hospitality in Savannah
- The Top 10 Places to Keep Cool with Kids in Savannah, GA
- 10 Incredible Day Trips from Savannah, GA
- 10 Unforgettable Things to do in Savannah
- 10 Iconic Places to See in Savannah
Since families tend to travel during times when they're off work, many trips coincide with the holidays. Try structuring your posts around things to do during a particular holiday as a benefit to your readers.
- The Top 10 St. Patrick's Day Activities in Savannah, GA
- Where to Cuddle Up with Your Valentine in Savannah, GA
- The Best Rooftop Bars for Watching Fireworks in Savannah
- The Best Places to See Colorful Spring Blooms in Savannah
- Money Saving Tips & Tricks for a Summer Getaway to Savannah
- Where to Find the Best Fall Color in Savannah, GA
- Savannah's Most-Chilling Ghost Tours & Haunted Houses
- The Ultimate Guide to the Holidays in Savannah, GA
- The Best Reasons to Spend Christmas in Savannah, GA
- The Most Incredible Christmas Light Displays in Savannah, GA
Need More Ideas?
⭐ Elite Blog Academy: Get on the Waitlist Now
Here's How to Brainstorm Even More Ideas
If you're still in need of blog topic ideas, I suggest starting with topic generator sites and headline analyzer sites. Here are a few of my favorites:
Of all the titles I listed above, which one would you be most likely to click on and read? Let me know over on my Instagram account, and I'll write it!
Related Reading: The Best Blogging Resources for Beginners
Pin It for Later: Jump Start Your Travel Blog with These FREE Post Ideas
How to Start a Travel Blog
If you haven't yet started a travel blog and would like to, you probably know by now that the only blogging course I recommend is Elite Blog Academy. It's the class that has produced the highest number of successful bloggers (many are making a 6-figure income! You can read their success stories here and it's the course I used to launch this site.
It's very difficult to get into the class, though, because the cart is only open for registration one week out of the entire year. If you missed the 2018 registration and want to get on the waitlist for 2019, you can do that here: EBA Waitlist
Now…on to the post ideas!