I love wearing crop tops! They're perfect for the hot weather we get 6 months or more of the year here in Texas. As summer winds down, you might be thinking about packing them away…but don't do it just yet! If you're wondering how to wear crop tops into the fall season, I've got tips to help stretch your summer wardrobe a few months longer.
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a small referral fee from purchases at no cost to you. You can read our affiliate policy here.
Links to Purchase:
Top: Aeropostale | Boyfriend jeans: Brandy Melville
Now is the best time to buy crop tops, because they're all on clearance. I found the one above for less than $5!
Here are a few tops I like that are similar in shape and style to the one I have on above. Pacsun is usually my go-to place for finding cute ones!
How to Wear Crop Tops into Fall
Living in the south means I've learned to be pretty creative with my layering. When it's hot outside, businesses blast their air conditioners to entice people to come inside. While that's a nice trick, but it means I'm constantly going from 110 degree parking lots into icy cold buildings. Because of that, I've learned to layer my crops in every way imaginable! Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
- Wear them with a long jacket, leather jacket, or a bomber
- Pair one with a flannel button down
- Layer it under a loose, slouchy sweater
- Wear them under a pair of overalls (so cute!)
- Pair one with a maxi skirt and booties (looks great with off the shoulder versions!)
- Tie on a cozy scarf and carry a warm sweater in case you need it
Have a great week!