I know I'm late to the party, but I shot this Kendall Jenner hair and makeup tutorial a while back and I'm finally posting the video. It was inspired by her March 2018 appearance on The Ellen Show. I absolutely loved her retro vibe with the red lip and the flippy hair!
If you find my Kendall Jenner tutorial helpful, please share this image on Pinterest!
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a small referral fee from purchases at no cost to you. You can read our affiliate policy here.
Kendall Jenner Hair and Makeup Tutorial
This look was surprisingly easy to do, since it doesn't require much eye makeup. The hairstyle is also very simple. It would be really cute for a vintage-themed costume party once Halloween rolls around!
Press the arrow to play or click here if you prefer to watch the video directly on YouTube.
Links to Purchase
Kendall Jenner Retro Hair Tutorial
The only supplies you'll need for this hairstyle are a hair straightener, a comb for teasing, and a headband.
- Turn on straightener and allow it to warm up.
- Part hair down the center.
- Section hair off and begin straightening, starting with the bottom layer first. Flip hair outwards about 2 inches from the tip.
- Tease the crown area.
- Tuck hair behind ears and add a headband for the finishing touch. Add hairspray if you want it.
Kendall Jenner Retro Makeup Tutorial
I applied my foundation off camera, but I've linked to a video showing my current routine. I've included a few other helpful videos, as well.
- Apply foundation, concealer, blush, and bronzer as you would normally. Here's how I add bronzer to get my sunkissed look: Sunkissed Skin Tutorial. This is the tutorial showing how I add freckles to my nose: How To Do Fake Freckles Makeup
- The next step is to fill in your brows so they appear somewhat defined. Here's My Full Brow Routine.
- Add light taupe colored shadows on the eyelid area, then add a touch of pale gold to highlight the inner corners.
- Do a small cat-eye (don't make the wing too long or dramatic) using liquid liner or a felt tipped brush, and then add mascara.
- Line lips with a color slightly darker than your lip color, then add bright red lipstick to finish things off. Make sure to blot off the excess lipstick using your finger so it won't smear on your teeth.
I'm lovin' the retro! PS: The Fenty Beauty “Stunna” lipcolor is my favorite red.
I hope this tutorial was helpful! If you try out the look and post any pics on Insta, be sure to DM or tag me so I can see how it turned out!
Make sure to subscribe on YouTube if you haven't already, so you'll receive a notification each time I upload a video. You can also sign up for my newsletter below to receive notifications. I appreciate the support!
Pin It for Later: Kendall Jenner Hair and Makeup Tutorial