Hi guys! I thought it would be fun to do a Tuesday Ten kind of post and let you know what's going on in my life right now. I've never done a post like this, but I always like reading them on other blogs so I thought…why not?! The biggest news is that I'm studying fashion design, so I hope that means this blog will have some really cool ideas in the future!
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a small referral fee from purchases at no cost to you. You can read our affiliate policy here.
OK, here are my Tuesday Ten:
1. I graduated high school in June and now I'm in my freshman year of college at SCAD.
2. I'm majoring in fashion design!! Yay — so excited! You can read more about the program here.
3. Move-in day at college is a very stressful thing. My best advice is to be friendly to everyone, because chances are pretty good that there are a lot of people feeling just as lost as you are!
4. I'm currently binge-watching Gilmore Girls between classes and hw assignments.
5. My hair is still dark brown! I've gone 2 whole weeks without changing the color.
6. It's hot where I live, so I'm wearing boyfriend jeans + crop tops or cute rompers on repeat. (Here are my tips for wearing crop tops into fall.)
7. There was a hurricane my first week of school, so I will be investing in a cute umbrella ASAP. What's your vote? I'm torn between 2 of them: the color wheel (bc I'm in design school) and the Kate Spade with the eyes (because it's very Audrey-ish). 🙂
8. I'm working out more in college than I ever did at home, so that's a good thing!
9. I created a portfolio for school so I'd be considered for scholarships — which is always a good idea. If you're graduating in 2017, you should start applying for scholarships as soon as you can! Let me know if you need tips or advice about what to include in a portfolio, and I'll help out if I can!
Here's one sample from my portfolio. I sketched out an idea, then created the dress, and then posed like the sketch! I actually made this dress for a friend of mine, so I didn't even keep it.
10. Last but not least, I just wanted to say thanks if you've been reading my blog posts and visiting the blog regularly! It means a lot to me that you keep coming back even though I'm not one of those “post every day” kind of people. 🙂
So, what's going on with you? Who else is a Gilmore Girls fan? What umbrella should I get? Did you watch The Voice last night? What makeup tips do you want to see next? lol Tell me anything!