Today we're talking boho chic bikinis on the blog, since we're finally back from vacation and have lots of pictures to share! (Newsletter subscribers may have already spotted this look. You can subscribe to the newsletter in the right-hand column.):
Our fellow beachgoers really liked Daisy's boho beach style, so we wanted to shop the look here in case you're interested in recreating it for yourself. Of course we're shopping at our favorite store: NORDSTROM! (As a bonus, they're currently in the midst of their anniversary sale, which doesn't end until August 3rd, 2015.)
On this particular day during vacation, Daisy went with a boho vibe:
She's such a cutie! Always happy when she's at the beach!
If you're interested in recreating the look for yourself, here's what you'll need (and I'm including multiple options for each):
- A basic black triangle bikini top. We absolutely love this crochet version: ‘It Girl' Crochet Trim Triangle Bikini Top, but here's a pretty version without the crochet: Simple Black Triangle Bikini Top.
- The matching bottoms, of course. Here are the crochet ones: Side Tie Crochet Bikini Bottoms. Here are the basic ones: Simple Black Bikini Bottoms. Here's an option with a bit more coverage, like Daisy's: Hipster Black Bikini Bottoms
- An awesome floppy hat to keep the sun off your face. (Because we can't stress sun safety enough!) Here's an inexpensive version by Topshop: Women's Topshop Floppy Hat. This version is *on sale*: Junior's Rope Trim Floppy Hat. Here's a third version *also on sale*: Women's Floppy Felt Hat.
- Pendant necklaces for layering. This is the fun part, because you can get creative! We're crafty and have wire cutting tools and lots of charms, so we've been known to swap them out at times to match our outfits. Here are a few options to recreate the look: ‘Wizardry' Layered Pendant Necklace, Dogeared Turquoise Drop Y-Necklace (Nordstrom Exclusive) and Ippolita ‘Wonderland' Teardrop Pendant Necklace
- Statement rings. Here's an option that only costs $12: Topshop Spiral Ring (Set of 2). This arrow midi ring would look great and is on sale for less than $3: Arrow Midi Ring
We always use sunscreen in our family (Sun Bum spf 30 is our favorite), so that's the number one necessity to complete this look! We also typically use bronzer during the summer months. Daisy borrowed my bronzer for these photos and it looks amazing on her. It's Laura Geller's Baked Body Frosting, and you can read all about our love for it–and all of our other favorite summer essentials–here. It's so important to take care of your skin and do everything you can to protect it. I'm super excited to announce an exclusive discount for our blog readers today! You can get 30% off the bronzer by clicking on this link and entering the code SUMMER30:
(Update: The above offer expired on 07/31/15. Please check back in the future for more exclusive discounts! You can still click here to discover What's New at laurageller.com)
Trust me, you will love the bronzer if you try it. It's not just for your face, either. We use it on our arms, chest, legs…anywhere you want to contour and add a bit of sun-kissed color. I originally discovered it when it was featured on the Today show, and I'm really happy to have found it. Finally, the nail polish is a fun shade by Essie called “In The Cab-ana”.
There you have it! A simple, but striking beach look that takes up very little room in your suitcase. You can swap out the jewelry if you prefer to change things up, or just add a different top (maybe add a pattern, like RVCA ‘Painted Triangle' Top, or you could select one with a little color thrown in, like this one RVCA ‘Anchora' Reversible Triangle Top).
(**this post may contain affiliate links)