Heading to Savannah this October to get your spook on? The city is known for being “built on its dead”, so there's certainly no shortage of tours about paranormal activities. (Just ask any local if they've ever been stuck behind a hearse from one of the ghost tour companies, and I guarantee their answer will be a frustrated, “YES!”) Here's a comprehensive list of the current Savannah GA ghost tours to get you started on your spooky adventure.
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a small referral fee from purchases at no cost to you. You can read our affiliate policy here. We donate 25% of our “click money” proceeds to these charitable organizations.
Savannah GA Ghost Tours
Before heading out on your journey, I recommend picking up a copy of the Haunted Savannah Illustrated Map to take with you. You can even use it to create your own self-guided tour! The map is full of intriguing ghost stories about more than 40 haunted locations throughout the city.
- 6th Sense World
- Afterlife Tours
- Blue Orb Tours
- Genteel & Bard
- Ghost City Tours
- Ghost Talk Ghost Walk
- Ghosts and Gravestones Frightseeing Tour
- Gribble House Paranormal Experience
- Haunted Savannah Tours
- Hauntings Tour + Night Fright
- Savannah Terrors
- Savannah Walks Ghost Tours
- Shannon Scott: Bonaventure After Hours (an after hours tour, not a ghost tour)
- Sorrel Weed House Ghost Tours
Many of the tours listed above have kid-friendly versions during the early evening hours. Inquire about the suggested minimum age limit when you call to book your trip.
- Old Savannah Tours: Grave Encounters Tour ( includes dinner and a tour at the haunted Pirate's House)
- Shannon Scott's Dinner & a Cemetery (not a haunted tour, but it does focus on cemetery history and includes dinner from Sisters of the New South)
- Creepy Crawl Haunted Pub Tour
- Ghost City Tours: Dead of Night Tour
- Ghost City Tours: Savannah's Haunted Pub Tour
- Savannah Walks: Haunted Pubs & Taverns of Savannah
Read reviews about each tour and purchase tickets here via Trip Advisor.
Which Savannah GA Ghost Tour is Best?
If I had to pick my favorite? It depends on your goal. For factual tours, I'd probably select one of the Ghost City Tours. I appreciate that they don't perpetuate myths and they flat out tell you which ghost stories are legends and which have real truth behind them. They're my top choice if you want an informative tour that separates fact from fiction. (TIP: Try to request Nicodemus on the tour, as he definitely gets into it and plays the part!)
However, if you prefer to laugh and get a little rowdy during your outing, definitely select the Hearse Ghost Tours. They're a bit kitchsy, but their hosts are definitely there to entertain. Read reviews from others on Trip Advisor to get a feel for how fun they are.
Don't forget to order your copy of the Illustrated Haunted Savannah Map before you go. It's the type of souvenir you'll keep forever because it's filled with so many fun facts! You may want to grab one for Bonaventure Cemetery, too, while your cart is open. The cemetery is beautiful and sits alongside a scenic bluff of the Wilmington River.