Who We Are
What Personal Data We Collect
Comments & Publicly Visible Information
If you create a user profile or leave comments on this Website, we will collect the data shown in the comments form, plus your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
At no time should you submit sensitive personal information to this Website. This includes your Social Security number, information regarding race or ethnic origin, personal religious beliefs, health information, criminal background, political opinions, or union memberships.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Posts on this site may include embedded content (videos embedded from YouTube, for example). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Affiliate Program Participation
This website engages in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on an affiliate link, a cookie will be placed on your browser for the purpose of paying a commission for any sales driven to that program.
- Amazon Associates: Sand Sun & Messy Buns is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of the Amazon Associates program, the Website posts customized links, provided by Amazon, to track referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commissions on these sales.
This Website may engage in sponsored content campaigns with brands, influencer networks, and agencies. Sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with FTC regulations and requirements. Sponsored campaigns may utilize tracking pixels, which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsor, and no personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Third-Party Use of Personal Information
Akismet: This Website's visitor comments are monitored through Akismet, which is an automated spam detection service that blocks suspicious comments and IP addresses. You can view their terms of service here: Akismet Terms of Service
Google Analytics: This service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on this Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no further personal information is captured by Google Analytics. Additional information regarding Google Analytic's privacy policies can be found here: Google Analytics Data Privacy & Security
Sassy Social Share: We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our Website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social media profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our Website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email at [email protected]
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To maintain and operate this Website;
- To create your account, identify you as a Website user, and to customize the Website for your account;
- To send promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email provides information regarding how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send administrative emails, confirmation emails, policy updates, security alerts, or technical notice;
- To respond to your comments or questions;
- To provide user support;
- To track and measure Website advertising;
- To investigate, protect, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity;
- To process payment for any purchases you make through this Website.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users who register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
- Opt-Out: You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links included in our emails. You may also notify us at [email protected]andsunandmessybuns.com to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access: Request access to the personal information we have about you at [email protected]
- Amend: Request to amend or update your personal information by contacting [email protected]
- Forget: In certain instances, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data by requesting to do so at [email protected]
Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information or may need it for record-keeping purposes or to complete transactions.
This Website does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at [email protected] and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove said information from our records.
Our Contact Information