This post is sponsored by Smile Brilliant, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I'm asked pretty frequently about how I manage to get my teeth so white, so I wanted to share my tips. I've had my teeth whitened at the dentist's office before, but that was more than a year ago. Now I only go for there for my regular cleaning every 6 months, and I do everything else at home. It's so easy! Here how to whiten your teeth at home.
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a small referral fee from purchases at no cost to you. You can read our affiliate policy here. We donate 25% of our “click money” proceeds to these charitable organizations.
But First, A GIVEAWAY!!
I'm so excited about this! Smile Brilliant generously agreed to give one lucky reader (or YouTube viewer) the opportunity to whiten their teeth at home for free!
Giveaway details: ONE viewer will win a $139 credit to smilebrilliant.com. Giveaway runs from 09.26.17 to 10.10.17 [EST]. You MUST enter through the “click here to enter” link above to qualify. This giveaway is open to USA, UK, Canada, and Australia residents.
You can also use my code to get $20 off a tray set: sandsunmessybuns20
How to Whiten Your Teeth at Home
Like I mentioned, I've had my teeth whitened professionally at the dentist's office and I've done whitening strips at home. This is by far my favorite method because I get the professional look minus the expense, and I get the ease of the white strips minus the teeth sensitivity! It's the best of both worlds!
- Step 1: Create your molds. Mix them according to the instructions on the package. Be quick about it, because they do harden fast once the catalyst is mixed in!
- Step 2: Mail in your molds. This step is simple because there's a pre-paid envelope included in the package.
- Step 3: Wait patiently for the molds to be delivered. (You won't have to be too patient, because they usually arrive in less than 2 weeks. Smile Brilliant also sends emails to update you about the status.)
- Step 4: Open your custom package, then add whitening gel to each custom fitted tray. A thin strip is all you need! Pop the trays in and go about your business while the gel does its magic. Only use them a short amount of time the first time, then gradually extend the time.
- Step 5: If you experience any sensitivity, rinse the trays out and add a thin strip of desensitizing gel.
Here's a video I created to show you just how easy it is to whiten your teeth at home.
Benefits of Whitening Teeth at Home
♡ It doesn't require a trip to the dentist, so that's always a bonus. Anything you can do from home in your pj's is a good deal!
♡ It's a great way to save money (if you whiten regularly). A visit to the dentist to get custom fitted whitening trays costs hundreds of dollars. With the kit I use from Smile Brilliant, you'll receive custom trays that you can use over and over again.
♡ It's so fast and easy! I've worn my trays at the gym while working out and at home while watching YouTube and Netflix. I've even worn them during a bubble bath! They're comfy and not at all a pain to wear. Plus, the results are really good!
Lots of people expect instant results from teeth whitening, but you should give it a few weeks to see the full results. I've been using the custom-fitted trays for approximately a month now.
Don't Forget to Enter to Win a Smile Brilliant Whitening Kit!
Here's the link one more time before I go:
If you have any questions about how to whiten your teeth at home, let me know in the comments below. I've been using the kit for a little more than a month now and I get compliments on how white my teeth are all the time now! I love it!