Summertime and sundresses will be here before you know it (they've already arrived in south Texas), so it's time to start prepping for sleeveless season. There are a few steps you can take now so you'll look your best when the warm weather finally arrives in your area.
- Exfoliate skin – I recommend exfoliating while taking a warm shower, because the steam will open pores and make it easier to get clean. The Citrus + Vanilla Sugar Scrub and the Organic Luminous Shimmer Scrub from Rodale's are 2 fantastic organic body scrubs, and you can make your own using olive oils and sugar, too.
- Moisturize well – I use coconut bath soak to hydrate my skin and leave it feeling really soft, then I apply lotion as soon as I get out of the tub to lock in the moisture. My favorite moisturizer is Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion (Unscented) and this coconut soak is amazing:
- Remove fuzzies – Always use shaving cream when shaving under your arms so you'll keep the area moisturized and soft. It helps to have a new razor, so make sure to replace them after a couple uses.
- Freshen up – Pick a fresh-smelling deodorant that will moisturize your underarms so skin stays soft. Here are a few tips to help you pick a good one.
- Tone your arms – Now is the time to start doing push ups so you can add some definition to your arms. In addition to push ups, my mom says you can do tricep dips (push off from a chair or coffee table) to add definition to the back sides of your arms and a deltoid raise is great for the shoulders and back.
Have a great week! As always, you can sign up for our newsletter or follow us on Bloglovin' so you'll be updated when we post new stuff!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a small referral fee from purchases.