If you've been following along with my Motivation Monday posts, this is the 3rd and final post in my series about rewarding yourself for meeting fitness goals. This week I'm listing rewards for working out that will motivate you to stay on track long-term. These are high-level rewards you can look forward to 6 months or a year out.
You can find my 2 previous posts here:
Rewards for Working Out: Level 1: Free or inexpensive rewards you can give yourself at the end of a successful week.
Rewards for Working Out: Level 2: Mid-level rewards you can give yourself at the end of a successful month.
And now for level 3:
FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a small referral fee from purchases at no cost to you. You can read our affiliate policy here.
Workout Rewards Once You've Reached Major Milestones
1. Purchase a training package: Once you've maintained your fitness goals for an extended period of time, it's a good idea to hire a trainer so you can focus on what comes next. A month-long package of sessions with a trainer can help you to define your fitness goals moving forward. You may want to consider booking a few sessions with a nutritionist, as well. Make sure you look for the appropriate certifications for each.
2. Buy a new wardrobe: You may have purchased a few new workout tops or shoes when you reached your monthly goals, but there's a good chance your body has changed significantly if you've followed a fitness program for 6 months or more. Consider this the perfect time to list your clothes through a consignment app, then invest in a new wardrobe to fit your new smokin' hot body! We use the Poshmark app. (Use code PYZAQ to earn a $10 credit when you download the app.)
3. Book a photo shoot: Of course you'll want to capture some photos once you're in the best shape of your life, so go ahead and book that family photo shoot. A boudoir session to share with a special someone is an alternate option, if that's more your speed. Trust me, you'll love having the photos to look back on when you're old and grey.
4. Purchase new home gym equipment: To continue on your successful journey, you'll want to make it easy to workout whenever you can — including from the comfort of your own home. Invest in a set of weights or a quality treadmill to keep the momentum going.
5. Purchase a juicer or blender: I've had my eye on a juicer for a while now, thanks to all the yummy smoothie recipes in my Pinterest feed. I would absolutely love to have a retro 50's style blender from Smeg, but I don't know if I could justify the price. If I used it as motivation to meet a 6-month fitness goal I might be willing to splurge.
5. Plan a vacation: You know I always save the best for last! I can't think of anything more motivating to work towards than a vacation. Pick a tropical destination so you can show off your shapely new figure, select a spa weekend so you can continue on your fitness journey (here's Travel + Leisure's World's Best Destination Spas list for 2016 to inspire you), or opt for an adventure getaway if you're a thrill seeker. You don't have to go away for an entire week if you don't have the money; schedule a staycation at a resort in your own hometown and enjoy being pampered.
Tropics anyone? (photo source)
Follow my travel board on Pinterest for daily getaway inspiration.
Thanks for reading along! Good luck setting your fitness goals for the weeks, months, and years ahead. Whatever you do, I hope these rewards for working out will motivate you to push yourself further. Definitely plan to stop back by and comment once you meet your milestones, as I love hearing success stories! Wishing you a very healthy and happy year.
Check out all of my Fitspo Friday posts if you need additional inspiration: